Tragic Celebrity Deaths 2018: Stars We've Lost from January to February
The year 2017 was a tough year enough, as we lost some of our well-loved figures, from Chester Bennington to Malcolm Young and John Hurt to Roger Moore.
And the tragedies continued in 2018 with famous names, including Jon Paul Steuer, Dolores O’Riordan, Billy Graham and more.
Here’s the list of celebrities, who have left this world but have left reasons to be alive in millions of hearts.
1. Jon Paul Steuer (March 27, 1984 to Jan. 1 2018)
American actor and musician, who was best known for his role as Alexander Rozhenko in ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ died at 33.
2. John Young (Sept 24, 1930 to Jan 5, 2018)
Astronaut John Young, who was the ninth man to walk on the moon, died of complications from pneumonia at his home in Houston at the age of 87.
3. Tommy Lawrence (May 14, 1940 to Jan. 9, 2018)
Legendary Liverpool goalkeeper, Tommy Lawrence, who was dubbed as “The Flying Pig” died at age 77. Cause of his death is unknown.
4. Doreen Tracey (April 13, 1943 to Jan. 10, 2018)
One of the original Disney Mouseketeers, Doreen Tracey died of pneumonia after her two-year-long battle with cancer at the age of 74.
5. Keith Jackson (Oct. 18, 1928 to Jan. 12, 2018)
The voice of American college football, Keith Jackson died at the age of 89. Cause of his death is not disclosed.
6. Hugh Wilson (Aug. 21, 1943 to Jan. 14, 2018)
WKRP in Cincinnati and Police Academy director, Hugh Wilson died at the age of 74 after an illness.
7. Cyrille Regis (Feb. 9, 1958 to Jan. 14, 2018)
English international footballer, Cyrille Regis, who scored 158 league goals in his 19-year long career, died of heart attack at the age of 59.
8. Dolores O'Riordan (Sept. 6, 1971 to Jan. 15, 2018)
Irish-American singer and songwriter, Dolores O'Riordan, who led the band, Cranberries, was found dead at the London Hilton on Park Lane hotel at the age of 46.
9. Peter Wyngarde (Aug. 23, 1927 to Jan. 15, 2018)
The British actor, Peter Wyngarde, who was known for playing the role of Jason King in ‘Department S’ died of an unspecified illness at the age of 90.
10. Moya O'Sullivan (Nov. 30, 1926 to Jan. 16, 2018)
Australian actress, Moya O’Sullivan, who was highly popular for her role as Marlene Kratz in ‘Neighbours,’ died at 91. Cause of death is unknown.
11. Jo Jo White (Nov. 16, 1946 to Jan. 16, 2018)
American basketball player, Jo Jo White, who was known for his ten-year stint with Boston Celtics, died from complications of dementia at 71.
12. Ed Doolan (July 20, 1941 to Jan 16, 2018)
Ed Doolan, veteran of Birmingham first commercial radio station BRMB, died at the age of 76 after a long battle with vascular dementia.
13. Simon Shelton Barnes (Jan. 13, 1966 to Jan. 17, 2018)
British actor, Simon Shelton Barnes, who was best known for playing Tinky Winky in BBC’s ‘Teletubbies,’ died of hypothermia at the age of 52.
14. Jessica Falkholt (May 15, 1988 to Jan. 17, 2018)
Australian actress, Jessica Falkholt, better known as Hope Morrison from ‘Home and Away,’ left the world after less than a month after involving in a car crash.
The misfortune that happened on December 26, 2017, took away the life of both her parents on the spot.
15. Fredo Santana (July 4, 1990 to Jan 19, 2018)
American rapper, Fredo Santana, who was rushed to the hospital due to kidney and liver failure in Oct. 2017, was found dead at his LA home. He was just 27.
16. Howard Lew Lewis (Aug. 21, 1941 to Jan. 20, 2018)
American comedian, Howard Lew Lewis, who is known for his comedy in ‘Maid Marian and Her Merry Men’ and ‘Brush Strokes’, died of dementia at 76.
17. Jimmy Armfield (Sept. 21, 1935 to Jan. 22, 2018)
American football player turned football pundit, Jimmy Armfield died of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in his throat at the age of 82.
18. Connie Sawyer (Nov. 27, 1912 to Jan. 21, 2018)
American actress and comedian, Connie Sawyer, who was referred to as “The Clown Princess of Comedy” died of heart attack at the age of 105.
19. Jack Ketchum (Nov. 10, 1946 to Jan. 24, 2018)
Four Bram Stoker Awards recipient American horror fiction author, Dallas William Mayr better known as Jack Ketchum died of cancer at the age of 71.
20. Mark E. Smith (March 5, 1957 to Jan. 24, 2018)
Mark Edward Smith aka MES, who was known the lead singer of The Fall, died of a long illness with lung and kidney cancer at 60.
21. Dennis Edwards (Feb. 3, 1943 to February 1, 2018)
American soul and R&B singer, who was best known as the frontman of The Temptations, died of meningitis just two days before his 75th birthday.
22. John Mahoney (June, 20 1940 to Feb. 4, 2018)
English American actor, John Mahoney, known for his role as Martin Crane in ‘Frasier’ died of complication from throat cancer at the age of 77.
23. John Gavin (April 8, 1931 to Feb. 9, 2018)
American actor and former US Ambassador to Mexico, John Gavin died at the age of 86 due to complications from pneumonia.
24. Reg E Cathey (Aug. 18, 1958 to Feb. 9, 2018)
American actor, Reg E. Cathey, who was best known for playing Norman Wilson in The Wire died supposedly from lung cancer at 59 at his NYC home.
25. Billy Graham (Nov. 7, 1918 to Feb. 21, 2018)
The world’s best-known evangelist, Billy Graham died from natural causes at the age of 99 on February 21, 2018.
Though they are no longer in this world, they have left behind some lasting memories.
We all die. The goal isn’t to live. The goal is to create something that will...