Macomb Community College is one of the community colleges in the United States where it has got several locations in the state of Michigan. The main headquarters are in Warren. The Community College was established in the year of 1954. The precise and the current location of the Macomb community college is in the Warren of the state of Michigan and also in the Clinton Township in the United States of America. The Michigan Superintendent of the Public Instruction gave the approval for the establishment of the South Macomb Community College which has got the extension of the K-12 system which is from the Van Dyke Public School District in the year of 1953 on the 22nd of May. The curriculum and the catalog was prepared which was under the administrations and the faculty from the Michigan State University, University of Michigan and also Wayne State University. The classes started from the year of 1954 from the 16th of September. The beginning of the class had total of 84 students and the classes had been held at the Lincoln High School. Then in the year of 1962 on the 7th August, the approval was made from the voters which were from the creation of the Community College District of the County of Macomb. Then the authorization was also made which was from the one-mil property tax. The support was done for the operation. The College which is usually known as Macomb County Community College. Then after that the College then started to offer classes which were under the governance from the elected Board of Trustees.
In the year of 1965 and the month of Septmenber, the first three classroom and administrative buildings had been opened on South Campus which is located in Warren. In September 1968, the first classroom and administrative buildings were opened on Center Campus, located in Clinton Township. A third campus site was purchased in Ray Township, but the property was subsequently sold to the Huron Clinton Metropolitan Authority (HCMA) to be used as a site for a Park. On July 1, 2008, Dr. Jim Jacobs became the college's fifth president, succeeding Dr. Albert L. Lorenzo, who had served as college president since July 1979. At the time of his appointment, Jacobs had been affiliated with the college for approximately 40 years, first as an instructor and later serving in a variety of administrative positions. Although its legal name remains the same, the Board of Trustees shortened its popular name to Macomb Community College in 1981.
In 1982, the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts opened on Center Campus. The Macomb Center presently brings a diversity of cultural arts experiences to nearly 260,000 individuals annually. Building on its already strong commitment to provide meaningful enrichment programs for the residents of Macomb County, Macomb Community College introduced the new Macomb Cultural Center in September 2006. Adjacent to the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, the new cultural center creates a unique opportunity for residents to be educated, entertained and celebrates the influences and experiences that shape our heritage. In 2007, the name of the cultural center was changed to the Lorenzo Cultural Center in honor of retiring president Al Lorenzo.
In 1986, the college undertook a feasibility study which showed Macomb County residents they were lagging behind their neighbors in Oakland and Wayne counties in both bachelor's degrees and annual salaries earned. This survey led to the passing of a millage in 1988 to establish Macomb's University Center at its Center Campus. On August 26, 1991, the first classes leading to a bachelor's degree were offered at the University Center. The first of its kind in the country, the University Center model is now replicated on dozens of community college campuses. Currently, the Macomb University Center accommodates eight senior partner institutions, houses the Professional Development Center, and the Engineering and Technology Center (UCII), built for higher-level engineering courses. UC III is currently under construction and is scheduled to open fall 2007. In 1996, Macomb opened its Fire and Emergency Services Training Center near the County Government complex just north of Mount Clemens. Further expansion in 2003 has created a comprehensive Public Service Institute for training emergency first responders from across the nation. With the purchase of additional land and further expansion slated for completion in 2007, the Board of Trustees designated the site as the College's East Campus in January 2006.
In 1999, Macomb Community College was honored a $5 million grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation to build one of the state's 16 Michigan Technical Education Centers (M-TEC). Opened in 2002, the M-TEC has become the headquarters for the Workforce Development Institute. It is located in Warren, only a half mile from the General Motors Technical Center and the U.S. Army TACOM facility. The Physical Education Center on South Campus was also modernized in 1999, reopening as the Sports & Expo Center. The only expo room in Macomb County, this 61,000-square-foot (5,700 m2) facility assembles the needs of the physical education and athletic programs along with playing horde to community events and special interest shows that serve more than 100,000 society members each year.
Each semester at Macomb more than 27,000 students take degree, community education, and professional development classes at sites throughout the county. Three out of four college-border on seniors in the county attend Macomb within five years of their high school graduation. More than 2,700 students work in the direction of completing their bachelor's or master's degree at Macomb's University Center. More than 100,000 Macomb old pupils currently exist in southeastern Michigan. Annually, Macomb reaches more than 325,000 individuals of all ages through classes, training and performances at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, family and athletic events at the college's Sports & Expo Center; and other special events hosted by the college. Nearly $10.5 million is awarded to Macomb students each year for degree-credit assignments through financial aid programs and Macomb's private learning.