Lone Star College System was established in 1973. Lone Star College System is a community college system located in Houston, Conroe Tomball, Texas, United States. The college holds more the 78,000 students in credit classes stretching the total registration of more than 90,000 students. Lone Star College System stands as the biggest institution of higher education in Huston and the fastest developing community college system in the United States. Headquartered in The Woodlands and in independent Montgomery County, the college is also known as LSC (or LSCS).
As explained by the Texas Legislature, the Lone Star College System holds the management programs in following school districts:
1. Aldine Independent School District
2. Cleveland Independent School District
3. Conroe Independent School District
4. Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
5. Humble Independent School District
6. Huntsville Independent School District
7. Klein Independent School District
8. Magnolia Independent School District
9. Montgomery Independent School District
10. New Caney Independent School District
11. New Waverly Independent School District
12. Splendora Independent School District
13. Spring Independent School District
14. Tarkington Independent School District
15. Tomball Independent School District
16. Willis Independent School District
The electorates of the Aldine, spring, and Humble school districts established North Harris county College in 1972. They opened the school for curriculums in 1973. After the district expansion in 1991, it enclosed Montgomery County and the college was renamed as North Harris Montgomery Community College District. After the district expansion the name of the college wasn’t appropriable enough as it not perfectly explained the working area and was quit long as well. The college was later named as Lone Star College System during the first semester of 2007-2008. On November 1, 2007, the Board of Trustee formally accepted Lone Star College System as the new name of the district. Huston advertising agency Richards/Carlberg designed the logo of the college known as “The Star of Tomorrow”
Lone Star College System bought the Hewlett Packard North Campus on State Highway 249 at Louetta Road in Northwest Harris County on the date May 1, 2009. The college has not only expanded its programs and curriculum but also has expanded its geographic area to make itself adoptable to meet the growing number of students making them available enough space for parking garages and support other academic and non-academic infrastructures. The college system shelters around 18,000 students and serves effective curriculums in fire science, technology, logistics management and sonography. The college also holds library which is a combined scheme between LSCS and Harris County Public Library.
The college spends a lot of money for the efficient and effective working of the college. It regulates it work in the best possible manner to meet the demand of the students and make them feel secured about their academic future.
· $263.4 million: Instructional facilities
· $44.2 million: Student services facilities
· $38.3 million: Traffic and safety
· $25.9 million: Technology infrastructure
· $20.1 million: Five percent bond costs/inflation/contingencies
· $15.3 million: Academic support facilities
· $8.7 million: Plant system replacements
· $4.1 million: Administrative support facilities
The Lone Star College System has made a wide variation of programs and curriculum available to its students. To meet the taste and the need of the society and students the following programs have been made available by the college:
: Associate Degrees
-Associate of Arts (AA)
-Associate of Science (AS)
-Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT)
: Workforce Awards
-Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
-Workforce Certificates (CERT)
: Career and Technical Education Programs
-Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
-Architecture and Construction
-Arts, Audio/Visual Technology and Communication
-Business Management and Administration
-Education and Training
-Energy and Manufacturing
-Hospitality and Tourism
-Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
-Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
-Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
The admission process in Lone Star College System is easy to be carried out. The following steps are to be followed to get admitted to the prestigious Lone Star College System:
- Online admissions application is to be filled or to meet with consultant at a campus for help.
- Complete Pre-Assessment activity before being present at orientation.
- Complete placement testing before being present at orientation.
- You are to be registered for classes only after completing bacterial meningitis vaccination requirement.
- You are to be registered for classes only after completing new student orientation
- Meet with the advisor to get further information of your subjects and register for classes and pay for the classes. Class registration is possible with an advisor or online
- You are to collect textbooks, supplies, college’s ID/library card and parking permit.
- After the completion of all this processes you can join your class. LSC has several locations counting six full campuses, seven satellite centers, two university centers, and four program specific locations.
Lone Star College system has sketched an irreplaceable space among the thousands of educational institution existing all around the world. The qualitative and effective education system of the college has not only attracted the students of the United States but also the students of countries all around the world. The students all around the world have trusted Lone Star College System as an effective means to guide them towards their destiny. The Lone Star College system is the home of the students from various countries like Australia, England, Japan, Mexico, Germany, Spain, China etc. The determination and hard work of years have established this college among the best colleges in the world. The college has defined excellence through its effort to serve effective education to ist students.