City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation, with 5,700 faculty and staff serving more than 115,000 students annually at seven colleges and six satellite sites. Over more than one hundred years, City Colleges has transformed the lives of more than one million alumni through education. City Colleges of Chicago aims to ensure the success of every student and serve as an economic engine for the City of Chicago. City Colleges of Chicago is in the midst of a Reinvention, a collaborative effort to review and revise CCC programs and practices to ensure students leave CCC college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life's goals.
Main goals of the City College are:
- To increase the number of students earning college credentials of economic value.
- To increase the number and share of adult basic education/GED/ESL students who advance to and succeed in college-level courses.
- To increase the rate of transfer to bachelor's degree programs following CCC graduation.
- To dramatically improve outcomes for students requiring remediation.
- Under Chancellor Hyman’s leadership, City Colleges’ budget has been balanced with no increase in property taxes.
- Over the last three fiscal years, CCC has saved $51 million that are being redirected to the classroom.
City College has been providing adult education overhaul since a long time, which carries goals as:
- City Colleges has realigned its adult education (ESL, GED, adult basic education) off-site locations to better serve community need per 2010 census trends.
- Between Fall 2012 and 2013, transitions to credit courses were up 33 percent and GED attainment was up 20 percent.
City Colleges of Chicago has seven colleges and seven satellite sites across the city such as:
- Harold Washington College
Harold Washington College is located at State and Wabash in the Loop. Its College to Careers industry focus is business, entrepreneurship and professional services.
- Harry S Truman College
Truman College, located in Uptown on the North Side, is home to one of Illinois' largest adult education programs.
- Kennedy-King College
Kennedy-King College, in Englewood, encompasses the Washburne Culinary Institute, Sikia and Parrot Cage restaurants, Dawson Technical Institute and the WYCC PBS television station. Its College to Careers industry focus is culinary arts and hospitality.
- Malcolm X College
Malcolm X College is a stone’s throw from the Illinois Medical District on Chicago Near West Side. The healthcare hub of the College to Careers initiative, it offers robust programs that train students for careers in a variety of health science fields.
- Olive-Harvey College
Olive-Harvey College has the largest campus of any of the City Colleges. The college is the city’s premier institution for transportation, distribution and logistics (TDL) programs.
- Richard J. Daley College
Daley College, on Chicago’s Southwest Side, is the College to Careers advanced manufacturing hub. The college also boasts a 60,000-volume library and labs for chemistry, physics, biology and math.
- Wilbur Wright College
Wright College, on Chicago’s northwest side, is the information technology hub of the College to Careers initiative.
At the end of 2013, students gained valuable hands-on skills working with award winning celebrity chefs at Taste of Chicago’s Celebrity Chef du Jour event. As to say in short the university is producing one after another successful students every year. Every single student feels proud for selecting this university to pursue their education degree at peaceful and effective environment. Economically this university is best option for those students who belongs to poor family. They can dream about perfect future on the basis of facilities provided by this university till now. Highly facilitated and motivational environment of the college is responsible for making future of its students.
Talking about its programs offered to its students and which has been attracting thousands of students every year are as follows:
- Business & professional Services
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Culinary Arts & Hospitality
- Information technology
- Transportation Distribution & Logistics
- Public Safety
- Construction Technology and drafting
Under the Reinvention initiative, City Colleges of Chicago delivers on its promise of student success.
Being on the top list of selection, the University has wide range of outreach in market as well which includes
- Broadcast Media
- Business Partners
The university is also famous for its Academic Advising &Support which includes:
- Academic: Advising & Support
- Academic: Catalog
- Career Finder
- Child Care
- Class Schedules
- Clubs Groups and Organisation
- CTA U- Pass
- Disability Access Centers
- Financial Aid
- First Year Experience
- Grade First
- International Students
- Transfer Resources
- Testing Resources
- TRiO Student Success Programs
- Tuition & Fees
As to say in overall point of view, the college is best in itself probably one of the best option to choose for qualitative study. As the university provides a free and equal facility to all of its students without any discrimination to any students, the university has been enlisted as one of the mostly selected university till the end. Hence any student having interest in any of its provided programs then can apply here full faith. The university is responsible for providing best education to its students. Peaceful environment and friendly manner of the college is best part of the university to attract new students on every single succeeding years as far now. Any student who has interest in the college but has low economy still the student can apply feeling free.