Antonio Salieri | Biography
Time cannot wash away the great deeds of a man, death isn’t strong enough to hide the steps of a legend. A man who can be arguably called the god of music compositions and opera, Antonio Salieri was an Italian classical composer, conductor and teacher who was born on 18 August, 1750. He was born in Legnago, south of Verona, in the Republic of Venice. He is a leader of development of late 18th century opera. 7th May of 1825 is the day of his death. He passed away in the age of 75. He composed music in three different languages. He is one of the greatest composers who shook the world of classic music and opera in his time.
Some of his opera:
- La Vestale
- Le donne Ietterate
- L’amore innocente
- Don Chisciotte alle nozze di Gamace
- La moda, ossia scompigli domestici
- La fiera di venezia
- La fiera di Venezia
- II barone di Rocca antica
- La secchia rapita
- La locandiera
- La finta scema
- Daliso e Delmita
- Der Rauchfangkerhrer, order Die unetbehtlichen Verrather ihrer Herrschaften aus Eigennutz
- Ii moro
- I tre filsofika
- Falstaff, ossia Le tre burle
- Cesare in Farmacusa
- L’Angiolina ossia II matrimonio per Susurro
- Annibale in Capua
- La bella selvaggia
- Die selvaggia
- Die Neger
He studied music from his older brother and later got higher education from the Legnango Cathedral, Giuseppe Simoni who served as a pupil of Padre Giovanni Battista Martini. He was dedicated from his very early days. He was born with the thrust of music. He chased his dream and fortune lead him to become one the greatest composers ever existed in the world.
List of compositions by Antonio Salieri:
Secular vocal music:
· La Vestale
· L'amore innocente
· Don Chisciotte alle nozze di Gamace
· La moda, ossia scompigli domestici
· La fiera di Venezia
· Il barone di Rocca antica
· La secchia rapita
· La locandiera
· La calamita de' cuori
· La finta scema
· Daliso e Delmita
· Europa riconosciuta
· La scuola de' gelosi
· La partenza inaspettate
· Il talismano
· La dama pastorella
· Les Danaïdes
· Il ricco d'un giorno
· La grotta di Trofonio
· Prima la musica e poi le parole
· Les Horaces
· Axur, re d'Ormus
· Cublai gran kan de' Tartari
· Il pastor fido dramma
· La cifra
· Il mondo alla rovescia
· Eraclito e Democrito
Insertion arias and esembles:
· "Addio carina bella" (Meng.) aria in G major for bass and orchestra, for?
· "Affé questa sera grandissima" – "Una domina? Una nipote?" (Don Anchise) arie & recitative for bass and orchestra (1775?), for P. Anfossi's "La finta giardiniera"?
· "Ah ciel che noja è questa" – fragment –
· "Ah dove amici" recitative for soprano and orchestra, for?
· "Ah non siete ogni si facile" (Tenast) aria for tenor and orchestra, for?
· "Alla speranza" (Galatea) aria for soprano and Orchestra, for?
· "All'idea del gran mistero" aria in A major for soprano, choir and orchestra, for?
· Felici's "La novità"?
Bullets and incidental music:
· Ballet in 7 movements for "L'Europa riconosciuta" (1778)
· Ballet in 16 movements
· Ballet in 10 movements
· Ballet in 8 movements
· Fragmentary ballet
· Overture, four incidental pieces and nine choirs for "Die Hussiten vor Naumburg" by August von Kotzebue
· "Cantata per le nozze di Francesco I" for soloists, choir and orchestra (1808)
· "Der Tyroler Landsturm" for soprano, tenor, bass, choir and orchestra (1799)
· "Die vier Tageszeiten" for choir and orchestra (1819)
· "Du, dieses Bundes Fels" for choir and orchestra
· "Habsburg" for tenor, bass, choir and orchestra (1805/06)
· "Il Trionfo della Gloria e della Virtù" for two sopranos, tenor, choir and orchestra (1774 or 1775)
There are various other information of his which can be found in wiki along with his bio. His net worth is not assigned and neither any information regarding his interviews is available till the date. It seems his readers have tp wait little longer to know about him in detail in coming years.