neu.eduBy: Book My How
On: Sep 2 2014
Northeastern University which is commonly known as NU is one of the private research university which is situated in the Boston which is in the Massachusetts. The Northeastern University had been established in the year of 1898 while it has got the offerings with a different feature of graduate as well as graduate programs. The university also provides doctorate degrees in nine several colleges while the advanced degrees is provided at the graduate colleges which is located in the Charlotte, North Carolina and also in the Seattle which is in the state of the Washington. The University has got Joseph Aoun as the current working president whereas the working academic staffs number to 1536. According to the survey there are about 24,540 students at the university and among them 17,107 students are undergraduates while 5,954 students are post graduates. In accumulation to Northeastern's main Boston campus, the university functions a number of remote undergraduate setting in Massachusetts. The University operates the Kostas Research Institute in Burlington, a Financial District campus in the Hilton Hotel in downtown Boston, a Dedham Campus in Dedham, Massachusetts, and a Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts. Additionally, the University has commenced two full service graduate campuses. The first in Charlotte, North Carolina opened October 2011 and a second campus in Seattle in 2013.The University has supplementary plans to open campuses in Silicon Valley(California), Austin, Texas, and Minneapolis in the prospect. The Northwestern University has got the official approval from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The Northeastern University has been associated with many other schools and colleges which has got several subject offerings. The following list includes the schools and the colleges along with the course and the subject offerings:
Along with the schools and the colleges, the Northwestern University also has got different research centers along with other institutes which are as follows:
The university endows with undergraduate students with an chance to slot in research through the Center for Experiential Education, CenSSIS Research Experience for Undergraduates, Honors Research, Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation program, and Provost's Office research grants. In FY 2007, annual peripheral delve into funding exceeded $78 million. In FY 2009-2010, the research funding is close to $82 million. In 2002, Northeastern's Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging Systems was nominated an NSF Engineering Research Center. In 2004, Northeastern was one of six institutions selected by the National Science Foundation as a center for research in nanotechnology. In 2010, Northeastern was approved $12 million by alum for a Homeland security research capability, to be named the George J. Kostas Research Institute for Homeland Security, after its chief supporter.
The Northeastern University has been one of the top colleges in the United States while some of the rankings are as follows:
· 1st for "Best Internships/Career Services" (Princeton Review) (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013)
· 13th on the list of "Best Graduate Schools 2009" for Computer Science, Programming Languages specialty (US News) (2014)
· 13th on the list of "Great College Towns" by the Princeton Review (2011)
· 14th in architecture by the Key Institute (2013)
· 39th in pharmacy by (US News and World Report)(2014)
· 60th on the list of "Best Computer Science Graduate Schools" (US News and World Report) (2015)
· 46th on the list of "Best Engineering Graduate Schools" (US News and World Report) (2015)
· 19th in the nation (Business Week)(2013)
· In addition, Northeastern CBA students have dominated case competitions against other Boston area business schools winning 10 of the last 13 Business School Beanpot competitions.
· 52nd on the list of "Best Business Graduate Schools" (US News and World Report) (2015)
Article Resource :: /article/education/neu-edu.html