Association of American University is a collective form of sixty two different universities functioning in the United States and Canada. The Association of American University was established in 1900 to guide the education system of America towards the direction of success and effectiveness. The AAU is headquartered in Washington D.C and is currently functioning under the effective presidency of Hunter R. Rawlings III. The Association of American University comprises 60 public and private universities of America and rest two hold the geographical location of Canada.
The existence of AAU was sketched by fourteen Ph.D. granting educational institution of the United States to maintain the quality and standard of American educational system. Currently the prestigious association of American University works to implement educational plans and policies to maintain quality programs in academic research, in various graduate and undergraduate levels. Many schools and educational firms are attracted toward AAU due to its prestigious and historical profile.
The Association of American University has performed effectively and efficiently for more than a century and various individual have served as the president to guide the association to the height of success it stands today.
Thomas A. Bartlett (1977-1982)
Robert M. Rosenzweig (1983-1993)
Cornelius J. Pings (1993-19980
Nils Hasselmo (July 1, 1998- April 2006)
Robert M. Berdahl (May 2006- June 2011)
Hunter R. Rawlings III (July 1, 2011-present)
Students sheltered under the universities working under the effective management of the Association of American University belong to various social, cultural and religious, racial and geographical backgrounds. The prestigious AAU sheltered 58% of total U.S universities as its member in 2004. Since the year 1999, 43% of the Nobel Prize winners and 74% winners at U.S institution are the product of the universities who are the member of the prestigious Association of American University.
The statistics of the students sheltered by the Association of American University:
· Undergraduate students: 1,044,759; 7% nationally
· Undergraduate degrees awarded: 235,328; 17% nationally
· Graduate students: 418,066; 20% nationally
· Master’s awarded: 106,971; 19% nationally
· Professional Degrees: 20,859; 25% nationally
· Doctorates awarded: 22,747; 52% nationally
· Postdoctoral Fellows: 30,430; 67% nationally
· Students Studying Abroad: 57,205
· National Merit/Achievement Scholars (2004): 5,434; 63% nationally
· Faculty: approximately 72,000
Association of American Universities has granted its membership the following universities of America and Canada. The universities comprised under the AAU is of public and private type which focuses on qualitative education rather than quantitative.
· University of Arizona (1985)
· University at Buffalo, The State University of New York (1989)
· University of California, Berkeley(1900)
· University of California, Davis (1996)
· University of California, Irvine (1996)
· University of California, Los Angeles(1974)
· University of California, San Diego(1982)
· University of California, Santa Barbara(1995)
· University of Colorado Boulder (1966)
· University of Florida (1985)
· Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
· University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1908)
· Indiana University Bloomington (1909)
· University of Iowa (1909)
· Iowa State University (1958)
· University of Kansas (1909)
· University of Maryland, College Park(1969)
· McGill University (1926)
· University of Toronto (1926)
The prestigious and historical Association of American Universities has sketches an irreplaceable place among the thousands of educational associations existing all around the world. Emphasizing on quality education, the universities under the management of Association of American Universities believes that the better future is possible through better education and has been serving qualitative and effective education to its students through educated, qualified and experienced teachers. Through the dedication and effort of long years Association of American Universities has defined excellence through its hard work. This prestigious educational association has not only attracted universities of the United States but also from various part of the world. The Association of American Universities believes in quality education than quantity. The students all-round the world has believed in this institution working under Association of American Universities as an effective and reliable means to guide them towards their goal.
Standing as the prefect reflection of stability and success, the Association of American Universities has expanded its working area stepping over the boundary of its establishment reasons. The AAU has been contributing the world of education through its effective plans and policies from the very first day of its establishment. The Universities under the management Association of American Universities has sheltered the students who seek successful career through the means of effective and qualitative educational systems. The historical and prestigious Association of American Universities stands at the peak of success and through its dedication, effort, hard work of years, challenging its own horizon of working.
HAS 255 ARTICLES ONLINE